Thursday, November 19, 2009

SHARP AQUOS LC-52D92U

Sharps new flagship 52-inch liquid crystal HDTV offers an amazingly detailed and colorful picture and the greatest number of digital video inputs I’ve seen on an HDTV to date.

The LC-52D92Us 1080p screen is surrounded by a glossy black bezel trimmed in cool chrome accents. A bundled remote features a fully backlit keypad that makes up for its smallish buttons. In addition to three HDMI inputs, the LC-52D92U also provides a DVI- I connection for PC use, an RF input for cable/antenna reception, and two component video inputs.

As far as picture quality goes, color saturation and image detail were good, but I noticed jagged edge artifacts (jaggies ) in objects like folds and creases of clothing. I was impressed, however, with how dark the black bars of letterboxed movies appeared nearly indistinguishable from the displays black bezel. Even better was the measured contrast ratio of 1,426:1one of the best I’ve ever seen.
A
All in all, the Sharp Aquos LC-52D92U offers superior image contrast resulting in one of the most detailed pictures I’ve seen in a 1080p display. Unfortunately, this exceptional sharpness highlights a weak video processor that created too many jagged edges for my taste.

Sharp Aquos LC-52D92U: $5,299.99
Related Posts with Thumbnails