Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sony Ericsson Vivaz

Sony Ericsson Vivaz

1 of 1

Will nostalgia be enough to enamour an Ericsson fan boy with the Vivaz or will sheer HD power do the job instead?

Nostalgia is a curious thing in that it can cause many strange traits and give a person a slightly skewed view of everything. Growing up using old-school Ericsson phones I feel it is my solemn duty to defend any descendants their relationship with Sony may spawn. When presented with the Vivaz I must admit I didn't warm to it straight away, which put me in an awkward position. Do I go on with it for the sake of my nostalgic memories, or give up on it and risk not being invited to the Sony Ericsson Christmas party?

Firstly let's talk spec.

Display

The Vivaz has taken a step back in size and weight from the Satio, measuring up with a 3.2 inch TFT touchscreen display and weighing in at 97g. The screen really does this phone justice and makes all the menus stand out.

Using the menus can be a little infuriating at times, however. The phone comes with a stylus to be used on the screen but a smartphone can only be judged on how well it can be used with using only one's hands and at times using the on-screen QWERTY keyboard felt like the phone was saying to me, "The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialling wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now."

Putting my self-conscious issues aside, I must admit the menus are laid out very well and there is a degree of customisation with them to adjust to one's tastes, so I'm willing to forgive it for implying my fingers need a few sessions on the treadmill.

Related Posts with Thumbnails